Gozu "Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat" (Blacklight Media)



Buy Here: http://www.blacklightmediarecords.com... Gozu video "Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat" from the album "Equilibrium". Gozu line-up: Marc Gaffney - guitar and vocals Joe Grotto - bass Mike Hubbard - drums Doug Sherman - lead guitar and sounds While a broad range of tones and emotions wind their way through the record, and many of the songs boast a profoundly uplifting feel, the lyrics are largely informed by grief experienced by the vocalist, who lost his father in June 2017. "I am not a muscle car aficionado so I do not have any tunes about mufflers or rolling on the dirt freeway. I am not into dragons or swords so I tend to write about what I know. With 'Equilibrium', I wrote most of the tunes in a twenty-minute sit down two weeks after my dad passed, on a Monday morning. They simply wrote themselves. I wasn't thinking about anything as I let my mind run on autopilot, I needed to get these feelings out or I was going to honestly lose my fucking mind. Grieving is not something I would say I am good at, nor am I someone that can simply turn a switch on and off, so when these lyrics came out, a held breath inside of me came with them." Dealing with such a universal experience, Gaffney's lyrics are very relatable, though he pointedly avoids clichés, and nothing is forced. Likewise, there is no 'hidden' meaning to be found, succinctly conveying himself in a manner that is brutally honest and cathartic along with it. "My dad was the sturdiest and best person I knew, who was so kind but could also with a glance let me know I might want to stop what I was doing and get myself back to neutral. The songs on the album are about dealing with being at a funeral and wake, how you will never be able to call someone again to discuss a song you wrote, a hockey game you watched, or getting pissed about Notre Dame Football and Syracuse sports. It's about riding home from wherever and thinking you could pick up the phone and simply have a chat - and guess what? You can dial and no one will be on the other end of the line, and when that hits you, it's a motherfucker. All of a sudden you feel a part of your strength and bodily foundation crumble underneath in the worst erosion known to man. It was comforting that the three others in my band got that and let me do my thing, and once the songs were written they were done, and I felt better because it was what I needed to do." With 2018 marking the tenth anniversary of their self-titled first demo, Gaffney makes it clear that this really feels like only now are they getting started, and with Equilibrium they are doing so in style. That it's their first release for Blacklight Media, the hard rock and heavy metal label founded by Chris Santos, has only served to further energize the four men of Gozu. "It is an absolute honor to be working with Metal Blade's Brian Slagel - who is an absolute man amongst men in the metal scene - and Chris, who is a master of so many trades, but the thing that rises above the rest of his accolades is that first and foremost he loves music. Right now, we feel like we can take on the world, and we have the backing of not one but two amazing men and companies." Directed by: Tony Simone at Zenbeast Audio https://www.facebook.com/ZenBeastAudio


Comentários