I The Mighty "Degenerates"



I the Mighty's groundbreaking third album 'Where the Mind Wants to Go / Where You Let it Go' available now on Equal Vision Records CD/Vinyl/Merch: https://ithemighty.lnk.to/wherethemin... Download/Stream: https://ithemighty.lnk.to/wherethemindID Lyrics: Another morning I awake without exception. Though I guess now it's closer to the afternoon. And I am not the first one up as is tradition, but the last to go to sleep, along with you. I breathe in the scent of coffee from the kitchen. I hear the laughter spilling from the other room. And so I drag my body up and join the living. A warm reception almost right on cue. And I never would have thought it could ever be this good. And I know each moment’s fleeting but right now I feel like I'm right where I should be. I am not a perfect man, I fuck up often. At least I never have to wonder why I came. And if you're honest with yourself I bet it's painful. You and I are far less different than they say. So where do you fit in? So where do you fit in? Another night the sun goes down without exception. I hear The Matches playing from the other room. It's been a day since I have glanced at my reflection...No words of judgment coming from our crew. We start a fire just as the stars arrive and I am lost within the flames until a touch from you brings me back to what feels like the perfect day. So why is it you think, some people never feel alive? Don't they know each moment’s fleeting? I can't help but feeling I'm right where I should be. And I am not a perfect friend, a perfect lover. I admit sometimes I have too many drinks. But we are all degenerates half on the inside. You and I are far less different than they say. So where do you fit in? So where do you fit in? I think I found my place, To fill that empty space, That feeling we all chase. (So where do you fit in?) And we can sing off key, As long as we all sing, We sing it beautifully. My head was heavy with thoughts when I got home. I started to focus on my fears, I thought of dying alone. But how I hate to get caught in pointless thought...self-pity gets me nowhere. I guess we've all got things we're still working out... I think I found my place.


Comentários